Monday 30 January 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time in the kitchen making a batch of chocolate chip cookies. The recipe I used is one I got a couple years ago from my sister and I've been using it faithfully ever since. It's easy, quick and most importantly provides delicious results!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag (12 ou
nces) semisweet chocolate chips (for this batch I used chocolate chucks, yum!)

Heat oven to 375F. Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electic mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt (dough will be stiff) stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 7-10 minutes or until light borwn (centres will be soft). Cool for 1-2 minutes then transfer to wire rack.

Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment