Tuesday 21 February 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

This long weekend I spent most of my time split between watching episodes of Downton Abbey and working on a scrapbook for my niece's first birthday. But I also squeezed in a little time to do some baking and cooking. One recipe I made was this chicken and broccoli casserole. It is really quick and easy and of course delicious! It is an old family favourite that I love to make now that I'm on my own because it brings back memories of family dinners back home.


Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

1 lb chopped broccoli

2 cups cooked chicken

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2/3 cup mayo

1 ½ tbsp lemon juice

½ tsp curry powder

1 ½ tbsp cornstarch

½ cup cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli for a few minutes, drain and place on bottom of greased 9x13. Place chicken on top. Mix soup, mayo, juice, curry and cornstarch and pour over. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over. Bake uncovered at 350ยบ for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

I like to use a bag of frozen broccoli and then i skip the first step of cooking the broccoli for a few minutes. Also, because I'm only cooking for one I like to make a whole pan and then make a serving of 5 minute rice. Then I store the left overs in the fridge or freezer and just make a personal serving of rice each time I want some.


I linked this post to the Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training

No comments:

Post a Comment